ang mga isip ko

Monday, January 31, 2005

Partly cloudy

until the weekend. That means shades of blue will herald over us all week! woohoo :)

This morning, one my students inquired about my weekend. After a bit of reflection, I smiled and responded, "Great. Really great, thank you."

For indeed the weekend was great. It was a weekend of family and friends.

Thursday night, we visited our friends Rich and Tracey, who gave birth to their second child, Emma Fernandez.

Friday, I spent the day with Isaac as Tina went out to Appleone for a bit of job hunting. I had a ball hanging out with the little guy. I gave him a bath, played with him, put him down for a feeding and a nap, played with him some more, and took him out to Border's book store. Meanwhile, Mommy came home with a job! I'll let her elaborate on all of that.

Friday night was rondalla night. So once again I spent time with Likha family.

On Saturday, I helped my cousin move from San Jose into a new condo in Dublin. That was a cool family affair, with four or five families helping. It was very bayanihan! We hauled enough furniture and boxes to fill up two 14' Uhaul trucks.

Saturday night, we slept over at my sister's place in Mountain house. My parent's slept over as well, so we had a bit of a camp out. My pops brought a big bottle of wine and some pulutan (corn chips and peanuts).

Sunday morning, my parents got up early to cook us some tosilog. yuummmmy! We then drove back home, where I had a few hours to kill before Likha practice. So, I used that time to pull weeds in the front yard. It was a little tough at first, but then I really started getting into it. Bluebird skies, crisp morning air, the smell of rich, moist soil...gardening in the morning is almost meditative.

After Likha practice, we ate with a few friends at Red Robin near Tanforan Shopping Center.

As busy as we were this weekend, what made it ten times better was spending it with Mrs. Cruz. thanks babe ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mur said...

Congratulate Rich and Tracey for me! I didn't even know they were prego!

Which cousin moved?

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home