ang mga isip ko

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

trading spaces

if you've read tina's blog then you've read that we just purchased my parents' house from them. this transaction has been in the works for several months and is now in it's final stages. my parents moved out of the house a few days ago, almost all of the their furniture, rugs, decorations, and kitchenware.

Aside from their gamit in the master bedroom, the house has been skeletonized. It's amazing how much sound echos when there are no objects to absorb or deflect it.

The recent move was abrupt and even unexpected. We thought that they would take a few months to transfer their stuff. So having a practically empty house is a bit of a shocker for us. We don't yet have a plan for what to do with the rooms and carpet and painting etc.

In fact, it's a bit overwhelming. We have to change the carpets, prep and paint several rooms, buy some furniture, buy a TV, move all our stuff from our room to the master bedroom, remove old wallpaer from the walls, etc. Now, I'm the kind of guy who likes to run up hills when we jog (at least until I cramp up or pass out!). These hills represent harder than normal challenges, and I like to charge and take 'em head on.

So with all the household tasks now on my plate, I automatically went to "let's go! go! GO!" mode. I wanted to charge head on and get these tasks done ASAP.

Luckily Tina's here to say, "Whoa, whoa! You need to simmer down there." She reminded me that it's ok to spread things out. There's no rush to get everything done right away.

Like stressing over a project deadline, only to find out that it's been postponed, a sense of relief did wash over me. Tina and I are still gonna have do some more comprosing on the overall timeline, but I'm open to easing up a bit.

3 Comments:

Blogger bev said...

haha, I know where you're coming from! I just want to finish all the projects too so that we can 'enjoy' the house....but I guess there will always be more! bev :)

5:11 PM

 
Blogger Gary said...

Congratulations on being a new homeowner - the endless project :-)

8:01 AM

 
Blogger Bryan said...

Once again, Congrats to you and Tina!!! And, hey, if you need any decorating consultation, I'm very sure that Manok will be more than willing to help out.... hehe :-) you know, he lives for this stuff.

3:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home