ang mga isip ko

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Musings and a toy

I've hit a blogging plateau. Most, if not all of my entries are about my family, my work, or Likha. I haven't updated consistently, cuz sometimes my blogs feel repetitious. I know it's my space, so I can write what I want. But today, to switch it up, I want to talk about a new toy that I bought.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce to you, this.

It's a knockoff of the Little Giant. Maybe you've seen or heard about the Little Giant! If not, here's the TV informercial that I caught late one night...or better, it caught me!

Although it's a knockoff made in China, mine also has the same functionality that the Little Giant possesses. On Friday, Tina and I split the ladder into two separate ladders to prep our room for painting. On Saturday, I used it in stair mode to change the bulbs on and refocus some tracklighting. Sunday, I used it to clean up the leaves from our gutters. Soon I'm gonna use it to put some wall decorations on a high wall in our living room...16 feet up!

I'm just a ladder using fool!

I showed it to my pops the other day, and he said (insert fatherlike Pinoy accent) "Wow, is that the Little Giant? I was wanted to buy it on TV, but it costs about $300!"

I exclaimed back, "I KNOW! expensive!! But I bought mine for only about $170 + tax"

I told my friends about my purchase, and now I'm the popular kid on the block! They all want to hang out with me!

"You got that telescoping ladder? Niiiiicce."

"Hey Ed, come over next Saturday. Oh yeah, and bring your ladder so we can hang my Christmas lights!"

There are some drawbacks. It's heavier than a normal ladder. So, Tina has to drag it around the room. But you should see her arms now! Sexy and toned! Also, it's a bit more expensive than other ladders. But it's like buying 5+ ladders in one, so what I paid was a bargain!

Overall, I must say I'm very satisfied with my knockoff Little Giant. I can't wait to go home and climb it :)

7 Comments:

Blogger mrs cruz said...

I like this toy way better than a playstation. So CLIMB ON baby!

4:22 PM

 
Blogger Mur said...

Domesticated???? I think yes.

4:48 PM

 
Blogger Big Sexy said...

that's cool, but you know what's cooler, is a PS2 to play with after a long hard day of climbing, hanging, cleaning, replacing things around the house.
Word Up!

9:53 PM

 
Blogger bev said...

damn, why couldn't gary have been excited about a ladder instead of Halo 2? bev

10:53 PM

 
Blogger Gary said...

I want a playstation 2 too!

11:09 PM

 
Blogger Randy said...

hey...where do you insert the dvd, the memory card, and the game controller??? i don't like that toy =)

4:16 PM

 
Blogger R said...

Because Halo 2 is the best thing ever!!! Btw my new toy is Xbox Crystal. Nice. Rhoel.

10:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home