ang mga isip ko

Thursday, September 02, 2004

3:17 a.m.

It's 3 in the morning, and the little one has finally dozed off. He slept for most of the day and woke up just after midnight raring to go! Isaac's been vocalizing much more now, tonight singing off a lovely string of "oh-kus", "oh-guhs", and "ayyyyahs". Then he got fussy. If Tina tried to put him down, he wailed. If she tried to feed him, he wailed. It seemed he just wanted to be held...upright at least cuz he wailed when she cradled him. I took over Mr. Fussy while Tina napped. All of a sudden he got quiet. His face became intently serious, with slightly furrowed eyebrows and pursed lips. Without blinking, he let loose a nice "rat-ta-tat-tat", 5 second, non stop fart. That's a lot of gas for a little baby. Sure enough, the diaper got warmer and that baby-poo smell began to engulf us both. After changing him, Mr Fussy was gone and Isaac was back to his "oh-guh"ing and "oh-kuh"ing self. I would now like to state that I'm very proud that Isaac has inherited Daddy's BM's ;)

At the end of my hour, I handed him off to Tina for a feeding, which finally put him back into deep REMs.

It's tiring. But it's been great. He's been grinning more while awake. Every once in awhile he'll give one full blown ear-to-ear smile. Those are still pretty elusive, so I'll post a pic of one when I can take one.

On a side note, I've started visiting EBAY again to search for items like this. I still have to decide whether or not I want to bid on it.

On a further side note, this finally came in. Yeah, there's some geek in me...but who cares. It's still a cool T-Shirt.

ok g'nite....

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

this might have been a tiring experience for you guys this early a.m., but a good one. We found out the hard way Lauryn was 'gassy'...she was like this a lot! Give this a try (if you like) - everytime we changed Lauryn's diaper, we pressed her legs in towards her tummy and squeezed all the gas out...Or try the 'bicycle' motion with his legs - you'll be surprised how much air releases! End result - a very happy baby!

8:22 AM

 
Blogger Mur said...

This has got to be one of my favorite postings! I was going to comment that he farts like daddy but you beat me to the punch.

And that shirt! HA HA!!! I love it!

10:02 AM

 
Blogger Mighty Mom said...

Better watch out with that gas... if it seems to be the cause of constant fussiness... he may be lactose intolerant... like Mio! We had to switch to Soy Milk!!
does Isaac have one of those upright rockers. Don't get him too attached... cuz as he gets older he will attach to you and never let go!!!

12:46 PM

 
Blogger bev said...

that's so funny! I wonder if baby farts smell like adult farts (no, I don't want to find out).

i say bid for the bandurria! bev

1:02 PM

 
Blogger Gary said...

I have a few pictures of him with his furrowed eyebrows ;-)

9:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home