ang mga isip ko

Monday, August 30, 2004

Pro and Con

As a full time musician for Likha (percussion and string), I get to be on stage the whole time. That's a good thing :)

As a full time musician for Likha (percussion and string), I get to be on stage the whole time. That's a tiring thing.

As a full time musician for Likha (percussion and string), I usually get to go to touring gigs. That's a good thing.

As a full time musician for Likha (percussion and string), I have to go to more practices than the dancers. It could be a bad thing, if it weren't for the good company and the wine.

As a full time musician for Likha (percussion and string), I get to put my heart into cool songs like Kuratsa and Salidsid. That's a good thing.

As a full time musician for Likha (percussion and string), I usually find myself up in Canada playing with KP musicians. This led to finding my beautiful wife, which led to our beautiful boy. These are very good things.

Despite the tiringness of it all...it's been and continues to be a good thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Sexy said...

Man, are you ever right on this one. It is both rewarding and tiring at the same time. I can't even remember the last time we ever had any breaks in between anything during a show. Even during the intermission, we are either fixing the instruments or fixing the music for the next suite. But all is well in playing the music.

P.S. My fingers are still numb from all the playing this past weekend. I don't think I have the endurance anymore.

7:41 PM

 
Blogger cristina said...

right on, ed! i am w/ big sexy i totally agree with you on this one! rock on, rockstar...

8:59 AM

 
Blogger bev said...

Kuratsa has been playing in my head non-stop this whole morning! bev

11:57 AM

 
Blogger neekoh said...

me and bern have been talking about producing a concert of rondalla and filipino percussion music. I think that would be a great change of pace for people. i envision it to be musicians front and center with one or two dancers/couples dancing around to portray what the music is about.

frankly, i'm tired of the same ol' dance steps from the different dance groups. if i see another singkil in my life, that would be one too many. if i hear another person tell me that their singkil is more authentic than another singkil, i will shoot them. but hearing rondalla perform on the radio that one time was really great. i think people would truly appreciate traditional filipino music that way.

4:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home