ang mga isip ko

Friday, June 18, 2004

Stalled

I've been working on a blog entry for the past week, but can't yet get it off the ground. I've gone through several attempts at a beginning, but haven't been satisfied with them. It's not an issue with perfection, but maybe an issue of overwhelmingness. I think now I have an idea on how to say it, but we'll see. I'm gonna have to just keep it in draft form for now. So, on to other things...

The Kitchen
Vacation has been kind to me so far. Tina and I have taken advantage of my time off to prepare for baby's arrival. We've assembled the crib and set it up with a new mattress and crib sheets. I finished stripping the varnish off an old 4-drawer chest and after two coats of primer, finished it off with two coats of glossy white. (We've chosen all white furniture). We rearranged our room so that we could fit the crib, chest and our organizer cart into our little studio. We had to shift some of our clothes around to make more space for baby's stuff...who now seems to have more space needs than mommy and daddy!

The Oven
As for Tina, she's been holding up GREAT! What an inspiration to me cuz I know getting a swift kick in your ribs at any moment of the day can't be all that fun. I'm sure some of you moms can relate! Her belly is starting to lower too, so we are really really really eagerly anticpating baby's arrival!

The Bun in the Oven
Baby is now pointing downward in fetal position and is preparing to squeeze out into this world (ala Jim Carrey and the rhino in the 2nd Ace Ventura). Active as ever, we play the "oooh! what part of the body do you think that is?" game whenever baby decides to stretch out a limb or rearrange his/her position. Every so often, you can feel baby going through hiccuping fits!

The Baker
I've been enjoying my time off and have been taking full advantage of not having to work. I've gotten back on my exercise routine and am in week two of running again. I've been able to check off some things in my To Do list, so I'm being productive. We'll see how much more I can check off before baby comes!

2 Comments:

Blogger neekoh said...

would it be too early for you to get a Father's Day surprise on Sunday?

1:34 PM

 
Blogger Edward said...

hmmm...that might be a little too early! we still have to put together the hospital bag!

2:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home