ang mga isip ko

Monday, March 22, 2004

Life in transition

I found out today that my sister and her husband might be moving out to Mountain House. It's about 45-60 minutes east of Fremont in the San Joaquin Valley. They were trying to convince us to move out there too. I dunno though, in Northern California parlance....that's HELLA far. It would probably mean a 1.5 hour commute each day, one way. Three hours a day on the road seems like a waste of time to me. I would probably end up looking for a teaching gig closer, like in Stockton or Livermore.

But, looking for a new gig with a baby on the way doesn't seem like a good idea. I would need to be sure that I would get a gig. I suppose it doesn't hurt to look, especially since I got a pink slip last week. We are in the midst of negotiations with the district; their bargaining tool was give everyone pink slips. This move gives them the leverage to lay off people down the road.

Life constantly throws curve balls at ya. The trick is to be resilient, roll with the punches, and bend like the reed in strong wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home