ang mga isip ko

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

And the Oscar goes to...

Thanks for all the comments in my prior post. I wasn't fishing for any pats-on-the-back, and they are VERY appreciated. However, without turning this into an Oscar acceptance speech, I really am just one cog in this gear. It's not the individual that makes us sound good, but how we interact and feed off of each other. So kudos to my fellow musicians!!

ISAAC
...is a blast. When we left for Canada, he was still an infant; when we returned home, we noticed that we brought back a toddler. So much of his personality is coming out now. He expresses anger and frustration when we take something away or correct a behavior. Yet he is also more loving, taking a break from playing to come up and touch us or smile, then back to playing on his own. He's slowly expanding his repertoire of tricks: clapping hands, stinky face, waving bye-bye, where's the light, give me a five, multiplication...ok maybe not multiplication yet. He's starting to drink from a regular cup too.

LIKHA
...is a blast. Bryan rewrote his Jota Untitled. I like the new version as it sounds more Castillian. It has a "Spaghetti Western" sound to it (imagine the sound tracks of Clint Eastwood westerns). the Brazil trip is just around the corner. I have a work conflict and need to return a few days earlier. Hopefully, I'll be able to make that arrangement.

TINA
...is a blast. I missed her when she stayed behind a few more days in Canada. But I didn't realize the depth of her absence until she returned. Notice how the sun's been shining stronger and stronger here in the Bay Area...well it's because Tina's back! BTW, if you haven't already heard (or read), check out Tina's post today.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Mom said...

Congratulations, Poppa!! As Isaac grows more into toddler, you will forever cherish the moments when they say "wob oo, daddy" and shower you with kisses and "monster hugs".!!!

1:51 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Congrats!!! We are so happy for you guys!

4:29 PM

 
Blogger Bryan said...

thanks, ed! hehe maybe we should call it a "pancit western" or "lumpia northern"? i'm glad you like it. and congrats again to you and tina! btw, we watched the bravo dvd last night... :-P

6:05 PM

 
Blogger Mur said...

Congrats E!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

6:20 PM

 
Blogger laragitara said...

congratulations professor! and so the adventure continues...

8:36 PM

 
Blogger bev said...

you guys are a blast! :)

12:19 PM

 
Blogger VirtualErn said...

Dinner was great on Tuesday and it was fun playing Jota PK (I'm trying to make the name stick heheh) with y'all. So after watching the Bravo DVD, I take back all those kind words I said about your playing... Just kidding! You still kick ass on the bandurria and percussion, dude.

11:52 PM

 
Blogger R said...

Hey, Congrats bradah!!! You gotta name your next one Valentine (even thou the birth may not be exaxtly on the 14th.) Or is that corny? I don't know, I named my turtles Koopa King,Fred, and Barney. Rhoel.

2:29 PM

 
Blogger Keem said...

yo master musician! i had a great time on the trip and thanks for your patience with this blue chip rondalla/percussion rook!

6:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home